Rental Homes and Renters Insurance
Do I Need Renters Insurance?
- If you live in a rented house or an apartment, renters insurance provides important coverage for both you and your possessions. Your landlord’s coverage does not cover your belongings.
- In case your house or apartment is broken into, destroyed by a fire, or perhaps a friend gets injured at your home, renters insurance provides financial protection for you and your family. It pays for the repair and replacement of lost items as well as any liability issues you may be responsible for.
What is Covered Under Renters Insurance?
- Your personal belongings, such as furniture, clothing, electronics, etc.
What is Not Covered Under Renters Insurance?
- If the insured intentionally causes harm to property or person.
- Business pursuits or professional services.
- Ownership, operation, or maintenance of aircraft, motor vehicles and some watercraft.
A renters insurance policy from Lenz-Balder Insurance can provide you with coverage for your personal items and personal liability to protect you from the unexpected.